Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

New Look for One of My Favorite Rooms

One of the loveseat cushions in a guest room was getting frayed in one corner, and having inquired about professional reupholstering costs previously, I decided to give it a go myself! (Not putting down the work or the worth of professionals, but we have a lot of furniture and not unlimited funds! LOL)

Luckily it was just the cushion needing help, so I was confident that I could do a reasonable job.

So here are the results.

I should mention that I'm a big fan of MacKenzie Childs and their wildly decorated furniture! Obviously, this is not quite as wild, but I'm starting gently!

I think it turned out rather nicely. I made a simple zippered box cushion cover without welting. I also made matching arm covers, but I'm thinking that I now need to make new covers for the pillows in a coordinating moss green fabric for some more contrast and to complete the "patchwork" look.

I also replaced the shower curtain in the bathroom with a lovely one featuring accents of lavender and butterflies. Even the curtain hooks have butterflies.

If you are wondering which room this is it is Room 4 in the Main Inn. Room 4 is one of our smaller room, but it is one of my favorites! It is a nice cozy room off by itself. The loveseat is flanked by windows, so you get lots of sunlight and a lovely view (it's on the second floor).

I'll use this room when I feel like a moment of solitude and relaxation. I'll take a nice cup of coffee or hot chocolate, along with my knitting or a book to read and enjoy that comfy loveseat and the view of the trees through the windows. I could happily retreat there all day!


No comments:

Post a Comment