Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Quilt for the Rooms

It has long been my goal to make a quilt for each of the guest rooms at the Greenville Arms 1889 Inn, but I've been so busy just being an innkeeper that until now I haven't had the time to devote to this enjoyable, but time-consuming task.

This year, however, I set a goal of making at least 5 quilts -- and I did it! I put together the quilt tops, then send them out to Eileen Keane to quilt on her longarm sewing machine. When the quilts come back to me, I then put on the binding that goes around the edges.

The first one has just been finished and I have put it in Room 14, at the moment. I say "at the moment" because often the quilts are moved from room to room, depending on where it is needed. Luckily, most scrap quilts work well with any decor!

IMG_6312.jpg


Room 14 has a Queen bed and is on the second floor of our carriage house. The windows have a view of the forest in back of the inn.

The room also has this cute little loveseat.

IMG_6314.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment