Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Signs of Spring

It was a beautiful Spring day today. Around 50 degrees - perfect for working in the garden.

I spent most of the day working outside. It felt wonderful to be out in the fresh air.

I trimmed the front fence line, cleaned up the flower beds getting them ready for mulching, and started a major trimming job.

As I worked on one of the flower beds I found lots of signs of Spring, like this Lamb's Ears. I love Lamb's Ears - so velvety soft and calm.

There are hedges all the way around the pool area and they have been growing like wild for the last several years. I tried to hire a local company that had been highly recommended to trim them, but after accepting the job, they never showed up! So I've started doing it myself. It may take a while, but I'll get it done. Here is the before picture with the first bush trimmed.

And here is some of what is left to do!

I spent maybe 30 - 45 minutes on the project today and here is how it looks so far.

Sort of hard to see as the light was going fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment